As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam
The Global Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD) was commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The programme’s module objective is: Key actors in the partner countries increasingly leverage regular migration and diaspora engagement to attain their development goals.
The programme is to be rolled out in up to 25 partner countries. The focus is on the countries of origin of the major groups of migrants in Germany and on partner countries of BMZ ?s Returning and New Opportunities Programme.
Furthermore, the programme will also include countries of relevance to development-oriented skilled worker migration, migration policy advice, development-oriented return and diaspora cooperation, thus ensuring a good 'migration policy mix'.
The programme operates in five fields of action:
– Development-oriented return
– Regular Migration/Migration Advice
– Social engagement of diasporas
– Financial and economic contribution of diasporas
– Migration governance
The field of action "Regular Migration/Migration Advice" (2) aims to improve the information available to potential migrants in selected partner countries on regular and safe migration routes. In order to support the activities of the field of action “Regular Migration/Migration Advice” in Viet Nam, Programme Migration & Diaspora is looking for a local qualified candidate for an internship opportunity with details below:
Duty station: Hanoi
Duration: 6 months, from 1st June 2021 to 30th November 2021 (full-time internship)
The National Intern will learn & practice in different activities including:
– Assist in translating short documents (Vietnamese/English)
– Support the preparation and organization of conferences, workshops, training courses and other events
– Participate in internal and external meetings/workshops and assist in documenting these events
– Shoot photos during events and draft news on events
– Support to quality assurance in technical activities and deliverables
– Support in other duties and tasks if requested
– Vietnamese nationality
– Currently in the last 2 years of their postgraduate/bachelor studies; or finalizing relevant degree no longer than six months prior to the internship commencing date.
– Graduated from University in Foreign Languages, Foreign Trade or Communication
– Good communication skills
– Ability to work independently and with team
– Able to work under pressure and handle multi-tasks
– Good attitude and high principal
– Good knowledge at MS Office, organizational skills
– Good oral and written translation from English into Vietnamese and vice versa.
– Knowledge of German language is an advantage
– Willing to learn and contribute to the work
Successful candidate is entitled to an internship allowance, 24/7 accident insurance and enjoys professional and dynamic working environment. The intern will be provided with facilities needed to carry out his/her tasks.
Interested candidates are invited to send curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter in English to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
before 19th May 2021.
Please state “Application for an internship at PMD-ReM” in the subject line or on the envelope.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 1 week after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.